Old 08-10-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: WZ Fiesta light bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben228 View Post
G'day all,

Has anyone here put a light bar on a WZ Fiesta?
Specifically a WZ Fiesta Sport.

We're you able to fit it in behind the grill?

What light bar did you end up going with?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Ben, you may not find exactly what you're after in here BUT I have a 2016 WZ Fiesta ST with a honeycomb grille.

In the crash bar behind the grille are two holes that will take M10 nutserts.

I would think your car would also have these.

These are equidistant from each end, so perfect for driving lights (or a bracket for a lightbar).

The only issue with nutserts is that you'll end up with a ridge:

In the case of M10 nutserts the ridge is 19mm wide and 2mm high.

In my case I used stainless nutserts and a couple of rectangular 3mm thick stainless plates the same size as the base of the RIGID LED Driving lights that I was using that had a 19mm hole in the middle (thanks to one of the guys on here that owned a machining shop).

I pulled the grille out and once the nutserts were in cleaned the bar using metho. Using 3m double-sided tape I stuck the plates over the tops of the holes and mounted the LED spotlights into these holes. Instead of plates you could probably get away with appropriately sized washers...

Anyway looks like this, pretty stealth:

I ran the cabling in split tubing through the back of the hollow crash bar to the far end light and through the sound symposer pipe into the cabin (there was no other way, the ST is chockers under the bonnet).

The small Hella switch for the driving lights is in the tray under the handbrake.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote