View Single Post
Old 16-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #406
ZUT022
Starter Motor

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Only this week, my ICC failed. There was no battery replacement, no nothing really. I had been driving the vehicle around in the morning with no issue. In the afternoon I jumped in, started the vehicle and noticed the ICC was blank. Couldn't control anything other than fan controls and radio station. There was no way to switch to the USB port or any other media. Vehicle is a FG MK2 F6 2014 model with Navigation. So it appears that you don't even need to be doing anything to the battery for this to happen.

I then decided that I would disconnect the battery and let it sit for a couple of hours to see if I could bring it back. That seemed to work, but I am wondering for how long it will last. Not holding my breath, I think it wont be too long before it fails completely.

Another point is that this car doesn't spend a lot of time in the sun. It is normally garaged so I couldn't imagine heat being a real factor in its demise. I have replaced one of these units in my sister in laws 2013 FG XR6, purchased through ASL Automedia. I am thinking mine will have to go the same way. What an absolute pain in the a*se...

I know this thread is old, just wanted to share my experience...
ZUT022 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: