View Single Post
Old 14-03-2021, 11:31 AM   #375
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Your saying Hyundai is Kia's luxury Division?? lol... Doubtful... They are competitors who happen to be owned by the same company..
Exactly.

Lexus is to Toyota what Genesis is to Hyundai. Kia doesn't actually have a luxury offshoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
We have had our MY21 Sorento GT Line since october and its an awesome package. Surprises the hell out of me if I'm honest.. Soon as we saw it and sat in it we where sold... Biggest problem is availability and lead time.. we where luck and got in early so only waited 4 weeks (we scored the exact car we wanted on the dealers first order on the water) but now its 6 months plus.. They have even started sourcing from other RHD markets to try to fill demand..

As for Telluride, apparently main reason it isnt here is that even though the Palisade is its sister car (same platform, etc) its sourced from Korea, so right-hand-drive is not an issue for Hyundai AU to source. The Telluride is produced in the USA and is apparently flat-out keeping up with American demand to even consider RHD...
Glad you are impressed with the Sorento. I read the same thing re the Palisade / Telluride.

I'm looking to upgrade soon and am wanting a full sized SUV - The GV80 is a little out of my price range but perhaps a demo or near new used example may tempt me. I just can't get over the side glass after the C pillar - it kills me because it screams cheaper Hyundai and makes the vehicle look much smaller.

The Palisade doesn't do it for me visually. The Telluride's more boxy stance works well. A few reviews in the US seem to agree - Telluride body with Palisade interior would be a perfect combination.

Apparently the Koreans are also toying with the idea of a direct Landcruiser competitor with full chassis, 8 seats and proper 4x4 running gear.

Throw in the 3L Diesel from the GV80 with their sharp pricing, known reliability and great warranty and they may be onto a winner.

Will hold onto my I30 a little bit longer.

I was keen on the new Outlander while waiting - till they said no Diesel. They can go jump.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: