View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #1009
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I had a rough week at work...

I helped pull a driver out of a crash I was 2nd responder to last week at Bajool.

Cab crushed by A trailer B trailer dangling off bridge , grass fire ensued and I had no choice but to spring into action.

Turns out it was all for nought as the driver passed away the next day, he had a heart attack but was brought back by the ambo's.

I was just totally spent and relieved at the same time that we got the fire out.

The transport company has been brilliant offering up support, i have so far declined but i am very thankful.

I made a few new friends that night and utilised Facebook pages to try and limit the impact this incident was about to have on the traffic flow.

Not much sleep answering phone calls from the local news stations and the police wanting witness statements and what not, it was a very tough week especially being on nightshift.

Fast forward 5 days and I started coming around, i even revealed what i had been through to a few colleagues who were astonished I was even at work lol.

If I never attend a traffic crash again it will still be to soon, i'm no hero but I truly understand the fight or flight theory now, i just wish the outcome had been a bit different for the driver... RIP

Still havn't quite explained it completely to my wifey and i havn't even thought about it again until tonight :/

But tomorrow is another day

Peace out Daz.

Last edited by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys; 15-05-2020 at 11:23 PM.
5 users like this post: