View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Bunnings Oz - Narva Globes & Sundries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
They wouldn’t have to try hard to poach anyone from Burson either. I can’t remember the last time I went into SCA, I used to always go in but it’d have to be over 10 years now.
SCA sits on the retail side of distribution of automotive industry, they don't employ parts interpreters rather checkout chicks, but Repco and Burson are both heading down this path too relying on cataloguing rather than people with skills and experience - the former are obviously cheaper.

Make, model, year and VIN is all fine until you get to VW group and then good luck because no one can identify their VIN down to specific models and then when you get 6x front pads listed for one VW Golf thats where the fun begins

Where SCA beats Burson as a retail customer is operating hours, they tend to be open late.

Burson's market is primarily trade but they also sell to retail customers, Repco is making a shift towards better servicing retail but is still competitive with Burson to trade customers also.

If Bunnings wants to make an effort in this area they have to poach from Burson/Repco head office and specifically category managers rather than front counter staff.

Bunnings has 295 stores nationally, Burson has under 200, Repco is over 400 between Aus/NZ and SCA is 300 between Aus/NZ.

Bunnings could be a serious contender if they wanted to be, at least on the retail front, they're not set up to distribute to workshops.

I noticed today Bunnings has engine oil and coolant on the shelf at the tool shop.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-02-2020 at 12:21 AM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: