View Single Post
Old 22-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #7
cpab
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU2 Aircon problem

G'day peterban and mik,

Thanks for your information. Every little helps.

Yes peterban, in my case, I believe the filter in the orifice tube had thefilings from the compressor. The filter and orifice tube were replaced. Thetech did warn me that the fines were from the compressor, but he'd seen fineslike that in many systems that were working well. He did say that a newcompressor could be needed, but didn't have any definitive answers.

I would rather pay for the degas & regas and do the trial and errorfault finding myself, even if I don't know what I'm doing. I'll have to learnas I go. In 6 years I haven't come across an aircon tech who can tell me whatis the problem with mine, this includes 3 consecutive years with Forddealership. I'm not about to give any of them a blank check to keep going untilthey've replaced everything.

So, like you peterban, I’ll be looking to possibly replace the compressor,when I replace the dryer and pressure sensor. After adjusting the clutch gapand the compressor still packs in on hot days, I’ve considered the coil in theclutch may be inefficient or stuffed. So, a new compressor and clutch arelooking more certain to be part of my fix strategy.

As for special tools; I just hope Ican make something up to do the job.

Now mik, where’s this ‘ere heater tap? I did have a schematic of the AUaircon system, but it must be on my computer at work. I’d like to see what it’sabout and consider it.

Keep any ideas coming, I’ve got to change the window in our bathroom overthe next couple of days, so I won’t make any moves on the aircon till that’sfinished

Cheers

cpab is offline   Reply With Quote