View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #37
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
<snip>
I can honestly say I felt F-All difference after having the 3.9's fitted except for earlier gear changes, tailshaft problems etc. There was no Holy crap increase in acceleration.:(

Whats everyones thoughts now. The chip looks like it has taken a minimal 2 10ths off but the 3.9s have left the 60ft basicly the same. It should of given it a huge wake up i would of thought used:
Where should I direct my attention to fix this problem in my ute that clearly seems to be there???
As you say, the 0.2 sec is most likely due to the chip, as the 3.9 gears appear to have done nothing at all. This is clearly evident by the lack of improvement in 60' times. MPH is slightly up, again because of the chip.

Something is very wrong with the low end power of your setup, and I'm not confident that it's the extractors. Whilst good headers will improve low down power, the 3.9 gears should have improved 60' times. Something else is wrong here, though I don't know what as yet.

3.9 gears should provide easy wheelspin from a standing start, and you also said you have no traction problems

Have you any more details and history of the car?

Rick.