Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 12:55 PM   #2652
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Default Re: Mowing ..

Pardon me if this isn't strictly on topic but I need some advice/ideas

I have a backyard that is two leveled, dropping about 7 foot from one level to another

I need some ideas on what I can do to pretty it up, while also on a budget. I'm cash strapped at the moment but I'm sick of weeds and management etc. Ideally would like to get some crushed rock down, maybe a kids play equipment on the lower level etc.

But this wall.. it's about a 7ft drop on a fairly steep angle. I don't know what to do with it. Will mulch stick? I figure mulching it and maybe getting some large rocks etc might work enough.

Here's some photos to walk you through it:

Firstly, need some tips on how to manage the edging between path and grass. There is a timber divider in there somewhere:

Ideally would want to create some sort of pathway down along the left side here:

Top level:

Pathway as you see it from walking down the side of the house from the top drive way

Other side of the house that gets smashed by leaves/debris dropping from those trees:

Down the left side I would need to do something to pretty it up:

View of the two levels:

Looking from the lower level up. This has been doing my head in for 12 months, unsure what to do. Initially had wanted to build a deck with an above ground pool and may still do so someday, but funds certainly not available for that right now

View of the lower level

And right at the bottom is a third level, even harder to deal with

Also, bonus if anyone has any tips to clean an asphalt drive way. 12 months since we moved in, only this week has our road finally been sealed so that mud won't be coming in on any near amount of level. But the driveway now looks **** house. I'd like to be able to clean it thoroughly!

Yes, I'm not a handy person.. haven't always enjoyed doing this sort of stuff, and working 6 days a week I don't usually like to spend much time on it. Should have built a townhouse

Appreciate any tips