View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 12:07 PM   #18
L_T_D
Innovator

Default Re: Wanted: 2004 BA LTD wheel centres...

BUMP....

Little update on this one since my original post..

I am now manufacturing knock-offs of these wheel centres ... These are made from a modified PETG polymer. PET is the same plastic 2 litre soft drink bottles are made from - so they can flex A BIT if you over tighten the bolt.

I can also supply the emblems on their own - if you have a Sportsman Wheel centre on your LTD that is missing the emblem, the emblems I can supply will complete your wheel centre as the AU Sportsman and the BA LTD have the same wheel centres.

These Emblems are a high quality epoxy Mylar sticker - all Australian Made.

They aren't 100% exact reproductions (i.e. theyre missing the product code on the back, and a few other features on the back), and you will have to drill the bolt hole, but with a little work you could get them to a point that only a keen observer would actually notice the difference.

These wheel centers are a reproduction of the 1 BL 1A065 A.

Again, cant stress this enough - don't buy one of these off me if you are going to sit at home and pick differences - there are differences - they are a "knock-off".. but the basic shape, profile and dimensions are accurate.

You will need to refinish, or wrap them in satin silver vinyl etc, and drill the hole for the bolt. You can sand them etc but I would recommend wrapping them in vinyl to get a perfect result. Emblem should be araldited on, don't rely on the adhesive...

Likewise, if you have an AU Sportsman, these wheel centres minus the emblem will do the trick for you. Depending on demand, I may look at commissioning a run of Ghia emblems to suit those centres..

PM me for details if you need some to complete your wheels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resized1.JPG (93.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg WithEmblem.JPG (85.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Logo.JPG (54.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SideBySide.JPG (92.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg ComparisonProfile.JPG (66.4 KB, 23 views)

South Australian Manufacturers and Suppliers of Reproduction Ford Parts Since 2019

https://www.facebook.com/oakdenbaird

dbelecserv@gmail.com
L_T_D is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: