Thread: VCT Solenoid
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VCT Solenoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
Started up 1st kick this morning. Wasn't as clean as I'd like but an improvement for sure!
good you got some improvement,
i have to say while removing the head off the taxi fairlane, i saw quiet a few dodgey oil leak repairs, it matched up with the rest of the car, the radiator support panel was nearly cracked through from being poorly repaired after fender bender/s , as far as the oil leaks go on the VCT, i think half the battle is finding where it`s actually leaking from,

it`s very deceiving and there a few possible spots it can leak from, in my case i sealed and did everything except the timing chain tensioner o ring, as i had looked at it and it appeared leak free, i thought i must have stuffed the job up sealing something,
it was`nt until some time passed and i did the whole job again that i ran my hand below the chain tensioner adjuster and found it leaking(****ing out), a 50 cent o ring later and no more oil leaks.
mine is starting to get a little stumble off the line now and agin, i`m thinking it might be time for plugs and leads, i think the last set i put in for both was about 110,000 k`s ago, possibly coil pak too.
let us know how you go with your limo.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote