View Single Post
Old 25-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #295
Fi-Fi
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloys
Hi gang, Geoff from Brisbane.

This is the first Ford we have had for a while. Had a few in the 70s and 80s like a lot of Australians did.
Very impressed with the Zetec's handling and the engine's good torque at lower RPMs

The Boss loves the Zetec's style, size, and the main buying point was the iridescent purple colour :
I am growing to like the colour, and its not as over the top as my Burnt Orange coloured 1974 TD 250 Cortina was.

The only concerns with the car are the air cleaner setup on the Duratec engine. What where they thinking when they designed such an inefficient looking (has to suffer from lots of heat sink being stuck at the back over the top of the exhaust) layout. Seems to work reasonably though.

My other concern is the way the front bumper is held on (or not) at the bottom. I know it is designed to detach if you scrap it on a gutter, speed bump,etc but it really shows some woeful lack of good engineering.

Other than these concerns its a great little thing to drive and heaps of fun.

Quick question, where are WQ Fiestas made? Germany, Sth Africa, Pommyland :

Regards Geoff :
Hi Geoff,

The way that little rubbery front bumper is held on is a joke isnt it! I got sick of it coming off (once it does it once, it just cant help itself...) so i screwed in on in multiple places before we lost it. One issue i had with the air filter, as there is 14 or so screws holding the box together, this was all too hard for Ford servie to undo apparently, upon inspection myself I found a filter that appeared to never had been changed after 64k. Seriously.
Also, the spark plugs rust, keep an eye on it, change regularly. You can get Bosch platinum tipped for about $25 a set, good for 60k, but due to the corrosion, 25k will do to i replace them.
But as yours is new you dont need to worry!
Enjoy driving the best little thing on 4 wheels!
Fi-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote