View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 05:53 PM   #15
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Image Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Its like watching the new model Falcon or Fairlane release all over again, oh the days gone.
Wonderful to see DFB, the amount of info and time you have spent on filinf so much is amazing.
Great viewing Thanks.

By the way I actually liked the Mondeo, the high end models, thought it was a good looking Ford.
We had a MC Titanium in the family, one of the very first offered with the Ecoboost engine and wet-clutch Powershift. The best thing about that car was how excellent it was at highway speeds, Mondeo's were designed for long distance European roads. Because the Titanium had the old XR5 suspension and wheel setup, the body control was superb, the ride firmish but very settled on the highway. The brakes were suuuuuper dusty but had excellent initial bite, steering was typical Ford from the time, as in excellent.

The only thing I didn't like was how characterless the engine was, both in sound and the flat power curve. The dual clutch behaved itself, but wasn't all that fast shifting, nor did it have that syrupy smoothness you got from a torque converter Falcon.

The Midnight Sky colour was very interesting, it looked like any other grey you've seen, but in certain light it had a purple hue to it. Sorry, very dirty in this pic.

This was also one of the first locally available Ford's with a large "screen" in the dial cluster.

The seats were firm but excellent for long distances.

Mondeo never had a chance when sold next to the Falcon, in many cases, the Mondeo was the better car. For me, I actually considered the Mondeo back in 2007, but went with my heart and chose the new FG Falcon instead.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: