Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2020, 01:09 PM   #6400
tweeked
N/A all the way

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Yes, I am. People ARE cattle. We're tracked every day. Being asked for identification and/or your name and address isn't exactly a huge breach of privacy. Just do it, it's no loss to you.

If you end up in a scenario where you need them I bet you'll expect them to be there for you at the drop of a hat yet there's no wiggle room for courtesy in return hey? Just move the phone when asked, give your id/name/address when asked, it doesn't need to be a big scene.
Everything here is correct.

Except for the start, people should not and should never be treated like cattle.

If I am driving, yes you need to be able to prove your identity. If I am walking down the street, I should not have to unless there is "probable cause" (probably and American term). You are sliding down a slope there, not far from "papers please".

I choose to turn location services on my phone, i should not be made to. I choose to not have my real name on Facebook. Unless doing something that requires licensing I should be able to choose to remain anonymous. Choice is critical to our way of life.

4 users like this post: