View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Johnd1
Starter Motor

Default Just bought a Eibach. Should I join the RAC?

Hi, I just bought myself a Cougar SW MY99 Eibach on a whim. I had never seen a real one, didn’t know what they were or where they came from but after seeing a photo of one and doing a bit of checking I just had to have a Cougar. I am in Western Australia but managed to get one from NSW about a month ago.

It’s an Auto and has done $156,000ks and has been serviced regularly so most of the things that go bung during that time have been fixed by Ford.

I paid $9,240 for it and I had to add $1,400 to transport it over here plus a few dollars to have it registered in WA so she owes me $10,936 so far.

It got the Wynn’s treatment: Anti rust, Paint and Leather protection when new so all that is good. The Body has a few scratches and a couple of very minor dents which I will get fixed so add $700 for the full treatment which includes a thorough clean and paint protection treatment.

She got a new gearbox not too long ago so I (perhaps) can forget about that for a bit.

It goes like a dream and is very comfortable to drive so that’s all good.

But and there’s always a but! Reading the forum I am starting to get a bit worried about driving her because of the amount of things that appear to go wrong with these cars.

At the ks she has done what should I expect to go wrong, if anything, and do I really have to join the RAC?

Cheers
John
Perth
Western Australia

Johnd1 is offline   Reply With Quote