Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #67
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: New to cycling

i am 167 cm and on a 51cm frame . thats just right for me . at 170 cm there are 52 cm frames . 54cm would be pushing it . my range was 48cm to 54cm .
i love the AZZURA posted here . nice bike .
i agree with most posts here , as a beginner , most has been said already . but starting at $800 is fine . but you will trade up and end up spending $1300- $3000 within 12months to two years anyway , you may give upo the game though , thats where the $800 bike comes in handy . the loss is not great .
BIKE SHOPS . There are bike shops and then there are bike shops . dont judge the bike shop on size or looks , bike shops trying to sell you a bike from a catalogue with nothing in stock . stay away from , bike shops who steer you to a different brand because the one your looking at isn't your size , beware , they are just trying to flog off stock , a good bike shop will have atleast an example of the bike you want and let you spend the day there test riding any bike you desire, and not push anything on you . but make suggestions and let you decide . i test rode 5 bikes 2 times each aver 4 hous with no pressure at all then i made my decision after changing my mind several times .
ohhhhhhh , the week AFTER I BOUGHT MY BIKE . i went back to spend a few hundred on accessories , i then looked at the $1300 bike i was considering at the top end of my budget . the owner asked what am i doing , i said , just looking at what i missed . he laughed and said , if i bought that bike , i'd be here today looking at $1899 one next to it . he said even people who spend 5k come back and gawk at 8k bikes LOL . its all part of the fun

Last edited by gtfpv; 20-09-2011 at 02:23 PM.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote