Thread: Help requested
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2022, 11:01 AM   #1
Rustychops
Starter Motor

Default Help requested

Hi,

I have a 2008 Mondeo wagon 2.3l 211000kms Auto, Alloys, spares a anchor though.

I have recently replaced Thermostat, PCV, Water inlet?/outlet manifold, rocker cover gasket. 2 spark plugs (2 to come).

Thermostat and water inlet manifold are related one blew the other.
Pcv valve was clogged replaced, PCV blew rocker cover gasket so replaced yesterday.

I had a knock noise after replacing the RCG figured slop in can chain gave it some gas, it went away, hasn't returned.

It's gone from 9.3/100 to 7.9/100 with just those fixes.

Pretty much the background story there.

Issue I'm having, the car pulls away very nicely up to aroun 4th gear or between 60-80 kph once it hits 5th and 6th at 105kmph it's lik you have the handbreak on.

If i drop kick it down it pulls away, if i flip it to sports mode on the transmission stick it pulls away. If I'm doing 100 and I gently lower the accelerator even up to the point it downshifts. honestly there's nothing.

It is doing my head in.

Surely the cat is ok or it would respond after a downshift. Fuel pump surely must be ok per previous.\

I don't know where to start hopefully someone has a previous issue with this and can target me where to start looking.

Or is this what it is, and it's all it's going to be?

My friend has a AWD Honda land cruiser type vehicle with a 2.4 in it and it's shockingly more responsive then the Mondeo and I'm half the weight,

any thoughts, well I'd be eternally grateful.
Rustychops is offline   Reply With Quote