View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 09:36 AM   #18
Starter Motor

Default Re: MD Mondeo recent purchase - features?

Nice work Lappy.
TSR yes both Shellingfox and I have the same message but once its on and used everyday, its only triggered if you open the option in the drop options to fettle with TSR.

Overall using TSR for nearly 2 weeks now I've only seen it caught twice [missing a sign], once in low direct sun in the arvo glaring out the front camera, and another turning in to a side street where the street sign on the new street was missed as I was still turning. However if there's no street sign info the system defaults to what is on the GPS maps [grey sign vs coloured].
Twin circles ..I have only seen triggered a handful of times, effectively where there's say a flashing changing speed sign change like a "school zone' within a regular 60 kph area, it 'may' show as a 2nd sign. You can see in my pic, tiny script under the 40kph..lol I can't read what it says..

We don't have any other road symbols that TSR could pickup here in Oz that i'm aware of, not unlike EU or UK, but I'm keen to see. Overall I love how 'good' /effective the system is, to the point I'll rely on it in conjunction with me eyeballing speed zone signs; and of course the GPS map signage as backup.

Re overspeed "shellingfox" has been working on this as we both have been researching how to activate.

It seems our mirrors need to be updated to S Max software, which we hope will unlock. I tested the car under a MyKey scenario of the "speed minder' setting where supposedly a tone and visual warning occurs if the car exceeds a set speed limit. I set my car to 75kph as a test as to whether we even had some sort overspeed audible warning [as well as the current flashing TSR speed sign on the dash]; and yes it worked perfectly and also its a different tone to the typical no seatbelt warning - sounds like a mobile phone tone - just the one].
Will keep you posted on whether the mirror software update works as a solution.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote