View Single Post
Old 13-10-2022, 10:08 AM   #59
david837465
Starter Motor

Default Re: New rear shocks 2015 Mondeo

Just a quick update. Recently had my car service by the same guy who sorted the springs out for me. He noticed the springs and shocks looked identical to the ones on the Mustang. So, when he got hold of another Mondeo wagon, he took the shocks and springs off a Mustang and put them on the Mondeo. Apparently it looked fine. The Mondeo sat the same height above the wheel, with the Mustang shocks and springs, as it did with it's own. Anyway, he's sent his findings off to Fulcrum and they are doing their own tests.

If this is right, then any shocks/springs marketed for the Mustang can likely be used for the Mondeo. There's plenty of aftermarket shocks and springs for the Mustang available in Australia, so this would make changing them significantly less expensive.

And it's yet another example of Ford screwing it's customers. It doesn't surprise me at all that Ford uses the same parts across a number of models. But do they tell us? No. They charge us $2400 for shocks they know full well could be replaced for a third of that!
david837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: