Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 20-02-2020, 01:27 PM   #526
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Mowing ..

The workhorses

That Ryobi I bought 15 years ago from Bunnings when I first move out to acreage ... has been absolutely thrashed. Relegated to residential use and is overkill for what it is. No maintenance on it whatsoever ... only replaced bump feed head with disc that uses cut lengths of line. Can take out small saplings though Has been a good unit

Masport 4-stroke is about 10 years old ... B&S pulsa-prime 148cc unit.
haven't really had any issues with ... just basic maintenance ... and it loves to chew through carby diaphrams though. I have done it about 4-5 times now. It's been fairly decent for what it is. Its got a quieter life now as well (as it was used at both my in-laws acreage and mine before ... in the fiddly areas where the ride-on could get to ... and long driveway strips, etc. as well.

The thick buffalo gives it a bit of a challenge ... I just slowly make my way through it.

I finally got some time yesterday afternoon to attack my ankle length back buffalo lawn ... lucky its only a small area.

Trimmed ready to mow.

Done ... its still regrowing through that dead area (was larger not long ago)

4 catchers full just to do that section. Shows how thick the grass really was.

This stuff really grows quick ... it'll easily be over an inch longer this afternoon when I get home.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: