Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #514
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Mowing ..

I'm one of those nut jobs that loves the sound of angry chainsaw. My current chainsaw is a Stihl 009L which was originally bought for firewood collection. This saw looks dinky but has a 45cc engine, large for the physical size of the machine.

The thing is I tend to leave it in the back shed meaning if I'm out on a job and need to cut something larger than my trusty Felco 9's can handle, I have been just getting my folding hand saw out, hardly efficient. The noise of a chainsaw is a big negative in a residential situation, especially with all the work I have been doing on Sundays. After last weeks storm, the penny dropped and I picked up this today -

Using the same battery system as my other tools was a no brainer, with the MSA 140 C being a step up from the MSA 120 C and give a more power and increased battery life per charge.

https://www.stihl.com.au/STIHL-Produ...adegeraet.aspx

Now I won't be felling trees with this thing any time soon, but for what I need a saw for it will be more than sufficient. Trimming and shaping trees as well as clean ups are what this thing will be perfect for. I also love the easy chain tension system, can be started and stopped easily and I won't be bathed in exhaust fumes at the end of the job.

Currently looking out the window at a Acer Negundo that looks like it could need a prune
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: