View Single Post
Old 19-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #302
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Well , feeling pretty good at the moment except for the pain , been on a bit of a mid life crisis sort of a health kick as i was sick of being old and decrepit and feeling poorly all the time,
for 2 months now i have been walking about 4 k`s a day on average on occasion 6 k`s, and recently riding a bike , well im not walking so much now because i injured my foot , note to self , if your heavy ....... do not walk for long distances without good footwear, been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis,
my under standing of it is ...... the muscle fleshy stuff gets damaged around the heel bone , but dont quote me on that explanation , anyway its a pain
I had that and your'e right, bloody painful, it turned up out of the blue, lasted for eighteen months and then disappeared as quickly as it came...six months later I got it in the other foot

Try filling a 1.25L plastic Coke bottle with water and then freezing it, when your'e sitting in front of the TV relaxing just roll the affected sole backwards and forwards over the bottle on the ground, it really helps relieve the pain. Also get some really good arch supports for inside your shoes/boots, these also make a big difference. Proper strapping with sports tape is amazing but a pain in the **** to keep it up.

Eventually one day you'll go "hey, what happened to my Plantar Facsiitis".