View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #82
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: [SALE] Service Items - Oils Fluids Filters Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
I can't remember exactly my justification I just remember reading spec sheets for hours for the DW10C engine and cross checking what other manufacturers recommended and seeing if other manufacturers specs were also on the bottle.

C3 seems to be discontinued by Penrite.

Not sure why the Enviro+ oils are more expensive, enviro tax?

The upside is Ryco sell replacement DPFs which should be cheaper than Ford should the need to replace it arise. The downside is are they that much of a problem that Ryco has started to make aftermarket replacements available?

I currently only have the 10L drum leftovers that might be enough for another oil change. Then I can look at other better options if available. I'm open to change.
The C1 to C4 oils are basically a matrix of 2 different HTHS specs and low and mid SAPS. C4 is low SAPS and the higher HTHS.

I expect they're expensive because Penrite use all synthetic base stock (not all manufacturer's do), and the additive packages won't be cheap. Then you've got licensing fees for the various manufacturer's approvals.

I understand the DPF's on the Mondeo include a catalyst so that the carbon burns off more easily.

I was talking to a Hilux owner at the weekend. He was so fed up with DPF problems that he was going to sell it and buy something with a petrol engine!

Last edited by NZ XR6; 11-02-2020 at 01:08 PM.
NZ XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote