View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #34
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534
I've been following this topic with some interest. I have a 2003 GTP so warranty finished in September 2006. The car is stored and only driven every 3 months or so and only has 9000k's up. Late last year I heard the rattle on startup and without doubt it is the timing chain tensioners.

I'll be back in Sydney in a couple of weeks and was thinking of talking to the dealer, Sinclair Ford, to see, given the low mileage and the fact the car is well looked after, if maybe they will supply the parts and I pay for the labour.

On the other hand, Autotech (spelling?) have been recommended to do this job and I will most likely get the oil pump gears done at the same time.

To me, that noise on startup, which doesn't last long and doesn't happen every time either, is not right.

Any comments would be appreciated, try the dealer or go to Autotech?

Cheers
Being so far out of warranty, you will struggle to get any help from the dealer or Ford.

If you are planning on using/fitting the Oil Pump gears, go with Autotech.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote