View Single Post
Old 04-07-2022, 08:17 PM   #1839
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
I really don't get the obsession with the petrol price 'crisis'. If you do 15000km/yr @ 13L/100km and the price of fuel goes up by $1/L you will be paying an extra $2000/yr. Are you really going to put your life on hold over an extra $2000? Yeah it sucks paying more and no one wants to pay more than necessary but really...
I grew up in a mostly single income family where as a child my old man had to choose between paying the bills, feeding us or putting fuel in his car to get to work, you could have any two but not all three, Mum even made all my clothes when I was little, it was at the point where my mum was working full time but after paying childcare costs for me and my sister they'd only be up $50/week, plus having to leave work early to grab us was a problem for her employer so it wasn't worth her working.

To save as much as he could on fuel and later childcare costs he'd drop me and my sister off to my grandparents place, park his car there and fare evade into work on public transport.

Apparently according to a certain politician who was on multiple six figures, poor people don't drive cars

These days, scenario is much different but there's going to be a lot more in the same scenario my family were in 25 years ago where every little bit counts, $2000 sounds like nothing to most of us but it really hurts to the lower echelon of our society, it also effects the price of the crap you buy in the shops.

Sure there's more government support these days for those down on the bottom of the ladder but it's still not easy.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 04-07-2022 at 08:28 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: