View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 07:20 PM   #1153
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
thanks for the support everyone - the surgeon's quote was at the lower end of the other vets guesstimate earlier in the week. All up I'm out of pocket about $7k including the first vet for xrays and diagnosis.. fun fact, there is a good chance the other knee will go at some point in the future as well... it sounds like the recovery won't be fun but she is expected to make full recovery and be able to do all the doggy things in a few months.

she went under the knife today, all reports from the vet are good so far.

there doesn't seem to be much of a 'let it heal' option as this leads to severe osteo arthritis.

Mr G6ET - my golden retriever was $1200. If the question on price was aimed at replace instead of fix the current one, that wasn't an option.. she is about middle age and i couldn't put her down for a sore leg... i'm middle age with sore back/hip/knees but i don't need to be put down yet
Yeah, sorry for the 'joke' but fully understand, they are part of the family. The connection they have and benefit they give is priceless.
I was in a hard spot, down, but it was a new relationship with a dog that gave me constant smile.
My lady was a good half of the help but I recognised the unconditional affection from the dog helped me.

Again, sorry for the cold joke, my dad would cane me

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 11-09-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: