View Single Post
Old 28-08-2022, 09:01 PM   #4642
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Today was one of "those" days at work.

Dealing with the general public is a varied situation, and sometimes, there is a definite pattern to the sort of people who walk through the doors.

Each and every customer today was hard work. No simple requests, very little in the way of intelligence from some and a variety of others who overcomplicated each and every situation. Then there were those who flat out expected discounts for the simple fact that they were spending some money. Not to mention a lady who offended my colleague, who is recovering from cancer treatment, by pointing out that she was wearing a wig. Or someone who couldn't tell the difference between two varieties of plant despite one having yellow flowers and the other having red. Or maybe the well-known doctor who wanted his purchase sprayed with water for no reason I could think of. Throw in a variety of rude comments throughout the day, and you can guess that I was glad to go home and hide at the end of the day, I swear it's going to be a full moon tonight!

And the good news? I get to go and do it all again tomorrow.
It’s stories like these that tell me getting out of sales was the right thing to do. Some days I ride a mower like forest gump with my tunes and not a another person to be found;)

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz