View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 11:28 PM   #5
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thoughts on Best Car for the "Grand Tour"

You knocked off by far the best the vehicle for doing this in your last sentence. The troopy is hands down the best choice for what you want to do. Too unstable for what? A troopy with the right mods will handle pretty decent 4x4 tracks, way more that what you sound like you’ll do. Sure they can get a blown around on the highway but nothing that’s dangerous. 4x4 ability with the room of a van what’s not to love. A 4x4 wagon just doesn’t offer the level of space and comfort for camping that a troopy does.

I loved the fact you could pull up anywhere and it didn’t matter what the weathers like just crawl into the back and have a damn comfortable sleep without having to set anything up or even shuffling stuff around to get the the bed. You can also just park and sleep literally anywhere. Can’t set up a rooftop tent in a pub or beach car park. Sleeping in the back of a ute with a canopy is ok, I’ve done it heaps but it’s no where near as secure or private. That’s ok when you’re in the middle of nowhere but not so good if you want to sleep a night in town.

Trade off is old ones are as slow as a wet week and a boring drive but a newer V8 with a tune does go pretty well for what it is. If you can get a pop top even better. I think I want another troopy.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: