View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 08:13 PM   #72
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cars you could own now and will be laughing in 20 years with

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
we all see things differently and in the big picture its all crystal ball stuff you or any of us are just ****ing in the wind re future values and all.
As for what the costs incurred whilst ownership, only the bean counter types consider that in the big picture imo.
Like my TS you mention, I have no care its value is not up to newish pricing nor what it has costed me to date, I'm more tickled pink where its value is tbh or more so what people are willing to pay pre or post covid wouldn't care less compared to a base model AU that is worth sweet FA I see it as great outcome overall.

As for the Falcon storey carrying on, well it seems alot of us are not in aged care yet here and the many others who have no care being on forums will still be carrying the torch.
Being a locally made product there will always be some looking back of the past, it won't be forgotten, racing alone even when its sewing machines they will show the past and a portion of future Enthusiats will venture and as mentioned some will look into Jap performance etcetc....being "special" isn't on everyone's to buy list, some just can't afford em and buy what suits their budget.
I can see the Mexican Hoon cartel lads reaching retirement age and yearning for a stock BF wagon...

& yes to clarify for conversation below that I've just caught up on, it's also what experience of car does it for you, not just price. Though the more exhilarating cars probably correlate with the best price - but this is not causative