View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #160
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Still paused sorry. Minor surgery slowed me down a bit. Terry still not done, and now that it's hot I go even slower again.

But before that I ended up buying 2 x 3 Door Zetec wrecks for parts for a couple hundred each rather than just the one - both are re-registerable shells and confirmed as not being written off. One turned out to be so good I'm just cleaning it up for resale (unless one of my kids decides they want it). The other is a bit worse, but will be used to receive the parts from my XR4 wreck 'lab' chassis once I've finished experimenting. I've just been cleaning the resale one (will be practicing some Paintless Dent Repair and windscreen removal skills shortly) and stripping down the other the last few weekends. Both the XR4 wreck and the new target chassis have some bits damaged or missing - but luck would have it that between the two of them I have almost everything I need.

I watched the latest episode of Project Binky this week (Ep 27) and I note they shortened their existing Shifter Cables. It was all a bit quick and didn't cover everything, but it gave me gumption to think I could shorten mine instead of getting custom one's made up. AT the moment, I've had a bit of a rethink on using the Focus shifter in the Fiesta - it is just too tall and causes too many compromises in the centre console. So I am currently investigating just using the Fiesta shifter with the Focus box - all the levers go the right way at the right time and have similar reach so it looks feasible. The only question remains is whether I can make customer shifter cables work.....

Lukeyson