View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #74
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

I had my 6 month check in with my Endocrinologist earlier this week. I have never met the man in person as all our appointments have been via telehealth, but his approach to managing my diabetes has been refreshing after years of insensitive doctors who only look at the numbers in black and white. My endo is the head of diabetes research at Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, I was refereed to him a few years ago on the advise this man was be most helpful to my situation.

I went into the session this week with the intent of perusing an insulin pump, as I felt now was the time to make the step. My doctor thought I should start with a CGM first and see if I can get some better control from that alone and then assess if a insulin pump would needed later. The thought being here is that if I can get better control outside of the times when I do blood tests, then I may not need a pump. And this is why I like this doctor, past endo's were pushing me in a direction I wasn't ready for or needed. Again, the black and white mentality not suiting every patient.

I have used the Freestyle Libre before but was not especially impressed. Since then, the sensor has been updated so I feel like it's worth having another go at using them. I just need to find an efficient way to keep them attached securely. Due to my work outdoors, I was having issues with the adhesive peeling in hot conditions. These sensors last 14 days and cost $94 a pop, I don't qualify for subsidies, if the sensor falls off in that period, it can not be re-attached.

Anyway, I keep trying to manage this as best I can.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: