View Single Post
Old 15-10-2023, 12:10 AM   #20
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Gumtree Scammers

Had a guy trying to scam me today on a wanted ad on gumtree.

I have a wanted ad for a body wiring harness for the Ranger, I picked that he was a scammer straight away as a member of another forum I am on was scammed by the same dude last week and posted the scammers profile, first thought was to fob him off, then I thought I would play with him for a few hours while I had lunch.

He was pretty resourceful, he sent me a picture of a wiring harness that was for a ranger but google look up showed it was from a website and it was a 2,2 Auto, not a 3.2 Auto like I was wanting, he assured me that it was a 3.2 Auto, so I asked for the vin number, he sent me a picture of a vin number for a 2015 Ranger, google look up produced nothing, I was thinking this guy is pretty good coming up with the pics.

Anyway he tells me he is in the NT, Fannie Bay to be precise we agree on a price of $100 including postage, I give him a made up postal address and he gives me his bank details, I check it and its a ING account out of Sydney, by this time I finished lunch and he is harassing me if I have sent the funds, So I rated him badly and reported him as a scammer, when I told him he was getting nothing he just replied with LoL.

I have had 7 responses to this wanted ad, they have all been scammers, its getting hard to go online for things without dealing with this sort of trash.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: