View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM   #40
Stazza_Brendan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Who works in the mines and what doing

I quit my job of 4.5 years to get start in mining. Was never going to own a house in mackay doing a town job. Got my generics and coal board medical and put in for job with a mining employment agency.
Doing a long wall move shutdown at the moment at north goonyella.
First job,,, work your **** off, do all the dirty jobs and put your hand up for everything. Not really suck up to the boss. More so be a reliable, dependable worker.
I've done the above and the bosses are impressed and asked me to put in for a permanent job there and one of the bosses has offered to write me up a reference without me even asking.
Only qualifications I had was forklift ticket and good on computers... once on job I was driving a 50t forklift(size of house) and running their receivals in store for a bit.
ZF - Optioned interior - Hardlid - Rapidsystems V4.5 kit - GTX3576R - Crow Cams Valve springs - 1000cc KPM injectors - 20" MC Racing Wheels - DashDaq/Cobalt Gauges - 4in dump/3.5in exhaust system - Shockworks Coilovers - 30mm Swaybar - Shockworks 4pot 355mm front brakes - GT R-spec rear brakes
CPV Tuned to 340rwkw
Stazza_Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote