View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 12:33 PM   #83
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDevine View Post
Wow that's a huge amount of effort you're going to!

Let me know what you want pictures of in regards to the front-suspension setup and on a WT (mentioned in my thread) and I'll try to get you those pictures.
Hey mate

I saw your pics of the rear end job in your thread. Nice one. Regarding the front struts, the kinds of things I'd be looking for are probably best done with the WS/WQ front upright next to one another - total length, strut top bolt pattern, coil length/diameter, comparitive height on the strut/angle/length of the steering arm, and a comparison of the lower kingping locator.

I'll get back to that myself eventually.

I've just discovered the lower gearbox mount for the Mazda CX7. It has similar dimensions to the Auto Trans mount I need, but given it locates the Duratec 2.3 Turbo, it is thick and robust like the Manual XR4 versions - but without the 'small end protusion' to fit the IB5. It also has aftermarket versions for racing.

So I bought one and it's on it's way. I am hoping this will be the enabler for me to get a lower trans mount working for the MTX75 - which has admittedly been on the back burner while I've been focussing on the auto climate and EHPAS stuff.

Lukeyson