View Single Post
Old 16-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #69
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Here's some fun pressing buttons and seeing what data changes on a Focus Cabriolet Dual Zone EATC module.

I'll do this eventually for the WQ Fiesta Single Zone EATC, but I need to solder in some customisation's to the LS Focus loom to allow the WQ parts to work.

The Recirculation Actuator I mentioned is one. The LS Focus is a 4-pin stepper motor. The WQ is a 2 Pin DC motor that has 2 positions - open or closed.

The Blower Motor Controller is another - the WQ Controller has the same connector as the LS Focus Blower itself, but PWM is presented on different pins, and the main power lines flow-on to the standard WQ Blower Motor connector. (I have ordered WQ Blower connectors from Aliexpress for me to wire this up to test, they are not here yet.)

The wire for the A/C Demand is another. I need to solder a break-out for that pin to make sure it is activating A/C as designed. If I can't get an EATC specific loom from the UK, I'm going to have to make sure this loom can feed into the current XR4 loom at those points.

Anyways, on to the next video:

Lukeyson