View Single Post
Old 19-07-2020, 01:09 PM   #66
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Time for a bit of an update.

I've found all the connectors for the EHPAS pump itself by visually going through the listings for connector suppliers on Ali Express. They've all arrived, and match perfectly. This came about because i was able to find someone who would sell me the loom connectors from an LS Focus for the EHPAS and also the sensor and loom to the Steering Rate Sensor.

The EHPAS Power Connector: ~$12AUD for a pair

EHPAS CAN/IGN Connector: ~$13AUD for 5

EHPAS Steering Rate Sensor Connector: ~$10AUD for 10

I've not gotten back to my next steps in the lab just yet, but have been collecting data for it. I have a friend at work with an LS Focus and have been able to do a data capture of his EHPAS CAN messages. It took a bit to organise in amongst this pandemic.

The Steering Rate Sensor I bought from an LS Focus was to see if I can understand it's signalling. With CAN alone we can get the EHPAS pump to vary it's speed based on engine RPM which would be great for a race track....but it would be nice to get steering input as well.

In the meantime I've been working on a lab setup for Climate control based off an LS Focus loom, and I've had a bit of success there as well. That post next...

Luke