Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 29-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #8024
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

So, my daughter and I are in self isolation.

She came down with a sore throat yesterday. And she's been ill over the last few weeks, with fatigue as well as other symptoms. She's also had a pretty bad headache for the last few days. On top of that, she's developed the sweats, too.

She was supposed to work today, but called in sick. She works at a fast food restaurant.

She was due to go to her mother's today, and her grandfather is in a home. So, looking at the Covid guidelines, she had some of the symptoms which suggested she should get tested.

I rang the Covid hotline and the gent there stepped us through the questions. The recommendation from that process was that we should head up to our local hospital emergency department. So, after breakfast, we headed up to the hospital. The triage nurse assessed my daughter, and advised that we head back out to our car and wait in the car until we were contacted. Around 15 minutes later we received a call to say that the hospital assessment was that my daughter should get tested. To achieve this, we were asked to head into the ambulance drop-off bay and a tester would come out to our car.

As per the footage you see on the tv, the tester came out covered in her protective garb, and proceeded to explain the process to us. They first took a swab from the back of the throat, and then each nostril.

She then told us that we would both need to self isolate until we got the test results which we would get in 48hrs. I asked if it was possible that we would get a result back earlier than that, and she explained that it was possible, but 48hrs should be the maximum. She provided us with a piece of paper which provided us with additional info, collected our phone number for contact purposes, and sent us on or way.

Having had experience with visiting the emergency department, and sitting there for hours waiting to be seen, I wasn't looking forward to the wait, however I estimate we were there for less than an hour in total.

Thankfully I'm still WFH so there shouldn't be much of an impact over the next 48hrs. And, in some ways, the timing is not too bad for the daughter either as they are in their last week of school before Xmas anyway.

So, now we sit and wait......

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
6 users like this post: