View Single Post
Old 19-05-2022, 02:51 PM   #103
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Sold out: why Australia doesn’t have enough electric vehicles to go around

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackney View Post
Bit off topic(but close enough!) Hybrids are in the same boat, you just cannot get one for ‘love or money’(sort of!)On a more serious note though I would happily own one, but to get a ‘decent’ one you have to be looking @ Tesla territory,not some crappy MG, which is not much good except in the urban environment.I mean who wants to go massive distances in one of those things?Not me.So, I ended going with a Hybrid which I believe atm is the ‘sweet spot’ in the market atm.Wait times? Mine is due imminently(next week) but I was one of the lucky ones to get in very early & secure one, wait times are now six months minimum.EV’s need to come down to a more reasonable price to make them more viable to the average Jill & Joe.Re battery life though,that is an interesting one, mine will have a 8 year warranty, think 10 years should be the industry standard though.
Problem for Hybrids is when they roll out the per kms tax, they will get a hit on fuel excise and kms tax. In Vic, they pay 2 cents per km vs 2.5 for EVs. EVs don't have any fuel use. I think that's a bit stiff for Hybrid owners and something other states will adopt in the near future (2027 for NSW for example).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: