View Single Post
Old 18-05-2022, 07:30 PM   #98
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Sold out: why Australia doesn’t have enough electric vehicles to go around

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Not so cheap when the Battery effectiveness and therefore Performance and Used Value, fall off a cliff just after the 8 year warranty, through normal degradation (which is exacerbated by regular Fast Charger use). Only $40-45K for a new Tesla Battery??
Did your car stop working the day after the warranty expire? Really need to let go of this myth that EV batteries just stop working the day after the warranty expires. There are Teslas that are more than 8 years old happily doing the rounds. Many Model S cars on their original battery packs. In fact, the original roadster has gone up in value as a collectors car and they are over 10 years old.

Lot of HC cars with over 300,000 kms using almost exclusively fast charging on original battery packs.

People act like ICE don't lose any power or have any wear over their lifetime. Engines degrade plenty in 8 years as well; efficiency reduces and power as well. And it cost me $22k to rebuild my car engine when the power started to drop. Also, the cost to replace batteries, if it comes to that, isn't $40k (other than those shocking Nissan packs that have issues with no thermal management) and get cheaper every year. Its about $100-$150 per kwh at the moment for batteries.

Let go of the myths please.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by kypez; 18-05-2022 at 07:55 PM.
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: