View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Aged Care with Home Care Packages

One poor lady had her foot accidently stomped on by another resident's walker. This turned into necrosis, and as the care plan stated nothing to be done, this poor lady died over a few weeks with a black rotten infected foot.

Alot of them develop pressure sores from lying in bed all day, which can be limited by frequent rotations (lack of staff doesn't, get done) and can lead to necrosis. My daughter spoke of cleaning one resident's "sores" where she could see their femur through the rotten hole.

There's a few In there that try maintain a positive vibe, some of the blokes being a little cheeky with their own version innocent way of flirting which brings a smile to the nurse, then they have to watch them deteriorate the next week & die. Dementia turns some of them into violent depraved individuals & and alot of care has to be taken around them

I hear all the stories every day, and I can't believe they don't get paid alot more as it's an emotional & physical Rollercoaster. Not for the faint hearted.

Last edited by falcon_bandit; 09-09-2020 at 05:10 PM.
falcon_bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: