View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #27
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops
This event is a static display and as such that is how the insurance policy is set out any movement of vechiles between 9 am and 4 pm breaches this policy.

That said with there is emercency there will be evacution plans that are set out by the carrara sports ground controllers.
Thank you Hoops

This should have been the answer EB 2 XR8's question

"just wondering if we show our cars, could we leave before 4pm?"

not the post I responded to

If my memory serves me correctly, Hoops and Sledgehammer have emphasised that cars have to stay in place until after trophys and the end of the event due to insurance and health and safety risks.

There will be lots of people, once the car is in place it will need to stay until the day comes to a close. We cant have people leaving and potentially putting people attending at risk of being hit (even at slow speed) because our insurance cover stipulates that no vehicles are to move during the event. (Unless of course there is a major emergency, which would warrant special consideration from the FPV XR club executive members to allow and organise this safely)

as posted up by GC FordChic.

The answer provide by Hoops has satisfied me that all safety aspects have been met and if this responce had been posted in the first place I would not have put up the post that I had posted as he is part of the events committee organising this event.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish the FPV & XR Owners club all the best for the day and I hope you raise plenty of money for the Children’s ward of the Gold Coast Hospital as my sister has had one of her children survive a life threatening illness.

Shane

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote