View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #9
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Cars you wouldn't buy and why

Well, its a car i have owned, only for a year, 2012, and it was a nice car but there are good reasons it was sold. My ex wife did the standard 1 kid you need 7 seats thing. Id imagine youd be able to get a 2008 mazda cx9 for 20k these days. Ours was 30k 8½ years ago and was the luxury one.
But for the family daily, it was an absolute pig on fuel. Being on 20s, tyres also werent cheap. Whilst it made a quoted factory 204kw at the motor, being as heavy as it was, it inspired no pants movement driving it. Tight car parks were a mission as it had the turning circle of a cruise liner. But the main thing that annoyed me was whilst it had memory keys, theyd only move the seats. So unlike my fairmont, youd have to move the mirrors and change the ac etc everytime you swapped drivers. And my ex wife was 5"3'. Im 6"2'. And being the family car, that was a 20 second irritation every other time id drive the thing. But it was a nice car, just no need for it. It was traded for a 2012 fg. That was a much more practical family runabout. Probably could have gotten away with something smaller, but, rear wheel drive...
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: