View Single Post
Old 15-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #1539
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Thinking of all my fellow friends here. Thanks for checking up on me.

Just take one day at time and forget about what happens tomorrow.

My update goes like this:
Im refusing to feel guilty for doing the right thing. Im refusing to feel shame because I have brought to light the lies and deceit of certain family members doings. I refuse to feel remorse over helping certain members of my family without the blessing of other family members.

Without saying too much more, I have a Probate court hearing to attend over my late fathers estate. I'm not the one fighting it. But I am in the middle of it being a beneficiary. I know my dad would be rolling in his grave knowing what he had worked hard for since being divorced from my mother for the last 20yrs is going to be chewed by lawyers and legal fees.

Ive had to block family members now because I refused to take sides and I have been the recipient of verbal abuse and now have been cast out.

Happy to chat with anyone via PM.
At the end of the day, you must do what you fairly believe is right for you.

I have just finished listening to an audio book, the author is by no means a mental health professional but well versed in dealing with his own troubles. In one section, the author describes how he has always been very passive in dealing with the wants and needs of others, often at his own detriment. He explains how everyone, either consciously or unconsciously, is always looking out themselves, it’s a basic human survival trait. His realization was that it was about time he started thinking about what he wanted, not in a selfish way, but in a way that gives himself peace of mind and balance.

I tend to fall into this trait, saying yes to everyone and everything to follow the path of least resistance. “Can you work for me tomorrow, I have a function to attend”……….. “yes, that’s fine”………. Meanwhile I miss out on seeing my sister for her birthday…………….. and so on and so. In the process, I’m depriving myself of what suits me, what I want to do, what I want to achieve, an exhausting thought process that becomes a drain on a persons love for life.

It’s a hard stop this train of thought, to stop saying YES to everyone but yourself. I’m getting better at it as I get older, but I think there is merit in not being afraid to say no and in the process saying yes to yourself.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: