View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
Shockworks

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG OEM Upgrade

Hi Matt,

We have just fitted a set of the OE dampers to a car and I had forgotten how much comfort we where able to achieve even though the handling and diagonal pitch is so much better. you answers below under your questions.

Is it possible you can tell me:
- What is the standard FG XT front and rear spring rate, I can chase up a suitable spring from there on,

i am really not sure what the XT rates are for front and rear but we developed the OE dampers using the XR springs.
- What spring rates are these shocks designed to work best with, i.e. XT, XR6, other,
The XR6 is what we tuned on but have also tested on the XR8 with big gains on the refinement of the impacts and handling.
- What is the highest working height these shocks are suitable for, i.e. will G6E height of 15 mm below the XT model be OK,
The dampers carry over all the factory damper travel which is better for very rough roads. 15mm down is no problem with the OE kit.
- If I put these shocks in an FG XR6 would the ride be harder, softer, or the same, aside from going around corners better.
I think you will find the ride to be more controlled with less harshness on the big impacts. Smaller continuous ripples or imperfections in the road surface are again more rounded and the body control is much more solid without quick vertical accelerations in the seat. The rear is also much flatter which helps the turn in and mid corner balance.

We spent a lot of time developing the OE damper kit ride and handling and many customers are quite surprised we can get much closer to better ride and handling then the factory tune.

I hope this helps mate!!

Cheers
Brett

Last edited by Shockworks; 05-03-2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote