View Single Post
Old 29-10-2023, 11:33 AM   #18
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford cutting EV production

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I'm on a few EV pages and fly the Ford flag as best as possible. Most common comment is, I'm not going to pay that much for a Ford. My sister in Norway was thinking of selling her Model 3 for a Mach E till pricing came out. Heck, I was too till local pricing came out.

Ford missed the early adopters that paid a premium for EVs. They have to go back to their roots, make an EV cost effective to build and sold for a good price. They need to innovate again. Only the Chinese can build using traditional methods for a cheap price.

Otherwise they'll continue to be an Also Ran in the EV space.
The frustrating part is the Ford brass know better but have the split personality
where they want mass rollout of BEVs but also expect buyer to pay premium prices.

A huge dose of reality is arriving soon, Ford is not Tesla and cannot command
prices like them, the European BEV Explorer is lining up to be a white elephant
of epic proportions.

I don’t want to be down on Ford but when it comes to electric vehicles, they’re all
over the place and don’t know or don’t care about the intended customers wants and needs.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: