Thread: Dear Clive
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 01:16 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Dear Clive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnp View Post
I think if there's even a small chance of even a partial win on Mr. Palmer's behalf WA needs to do everything possible to avert that. You can't just ignore a threat like that.

Just what does he think he's achieving though, beyond lining his already fat pockets? WA, Australia and the world are already in for arguably the hardest economic times in decades especially here in Aus where we haven't really had any really serious hardship since WW2. Last thing the world needs in those circumstances is more fatcats and wealth inequality.
I think that the government shouldn't have carried out those actions allowing it to be sued in the first place - what did the previous WA State Government do that left the government open for a lawsuit like this?

The solution isn't rush legislation through to make it impossible to be sued, the solution is don't cause that action in the first place.

If Clive wins then the loser is WA tax payers and it's your state governments fault which is your fault for electing them and allowing these circumstances to occur.

I think that the government needs to be held accountable for its actions.

I don't know the specifics of what occured but the State Government sure seems rather worried that they're begging for bipartisan support from WA Libs.

You can send a message on election day.

Edit: 40 mins ago there's an update

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...nment/12494968

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 12-08-2020 at 01:24 PM.
This user likes this post: