View Single Post
Old 14-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #18
sweetspirit
Starter Motor

Default Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
That's a great writeup beer baron. My brother has recently done this in his bommodore and whilst being a handy fella, it still took him several hours and $70-80 in materials (the proper roof lining and spray adhesive etc) and ended up with a result that was good, but if a shop did it on mine i'd be unhappy with.

On the other hand, an old dude i work for had it professionally done in his EL for about $180 and it looks perfect.

I'm not saying that either tack is better, essentially you have to decide how good your skills are and what your time is worth.

Also remember these places can do different materials too! I had the fortune of navigating Grandpa Spec AU's Fairmont Ghia on the weekend and it had lovely furry felt-like factory rooflining where as my forte has just the basic scratchy cloth stuff. So i need to get mine done and i'm gonna get something nice.
I done my previous ford and now my AU is doing the same . If i can find someone to do it at $180 then I'll gladly pay it costs close to half that to do it your self , Its not my fav job .

My next car won't be a Ford
sweetspirit is offline   Reply With Quote