Thread: Used car prices
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 11:41 AM   #220
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Now the vaccination is beginning, will some of the “COVID prices” start to level up?
Perhaps depends on the type of vehicle. The used ones that do have new alternatives may stop climbing, the commercial stuff maybe.

But Im thinking our local RWD V8 sedans for one thing will do ok because there aren't really many new alternatives. There is imported performance stuff of course but typically a lot more dollars to maintain (or fix if things go really wrong).

I think many people still find the relative simplicity of the GM and Ford V8's as well as the barra cars appealing for many reasons.

Every day there are less and less of these cars also because in this country cars are declared stat write offs quite easily. I should probably be at the auctions rounding up performance Holdens and Fords and sending them to NZ or somewhere else (USA?) to save them LOL, here they are snapped up and pulled apart, some are not hit very hard at all.

It seems like a bit of a travesty to me to see lightly hit HSV's and FPV's especially get stripped down and ultimately scrapped.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: