View Single Post
Old 31-07-2016, 01:49 AM   #100
DaveD_XB

Default Re: My XB Coupe RestoMod

Now there us a company that sells aftermarket brackets for Ford engines running electric water pumps, but they are for their brand of electric water pump & that pump is just ever so slightly different from mine, so when I went to bolt the brackets on, they were fouling on the pump casing… now only by a mm or 2, so not the end of the world I was able to just use the polishing wheel on the grinder to take a tiny bit of material off & make the bracket fit

So close, yet so far

Trying not to completely ruin the shiny bracket

Job done

Now for my big issue with using this style of bracket….. there is no threaded hole in the top of the head to actually bolt the alternator into….

Bugger, so I played with some of the other bits I had & this was the only workable solution I could come up with, bolting the alternator into a threaded hole much lower down on the block itself

Then using an adjustable leg to connect the alt to the bracket

Giving this….

Now this clearly isn’t acceptable.. so I have managed to track down a new mount that is a low slung mount that connects to the bottom of the water pump housing & cradles the alt rather than hanging it from above… so that’s on order now & we’ll see how that works when it turns up.
1972 Dodge Challenger R/T - Mopar Weekend Toy
1969 GTO - Pontiac Weekend Toy
DaveD_XB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: