Old 08-09-2020, 11:59 AM   #256
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Australia - China - Poltics

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
I strongly recommend anyone following this thread to also watch this video:
https://youtu.be/GSfeZWvCeBY?t=471

As we all know an invasion of Taiwan is bad news as the US would be pressured to support their interests in the region. I wouldn't be surprised however if North Korea doesn't take advantage of such a situation. If that is the case then there is no reason why China couldn't also take advantage of the situation and invade Hong Kong to assert their dominance over their claims over HK.

The US then seeing this as a greater threat also support Hong Kong. Russia then seeing this as a threat to their interests sends troops to Hong Kong Taiwan and the Chinese border.

I doubt Japan would be given up easily.

The only thing preventing this would be the Covid-19 lockdown easing and all western economies globally recovering and relations with China improving over time. Hopefully Trump doesn't win again.

I don't see the Chinese man-made islands being of any threat to anyone, an artificial Tsunami from a water detonated nuke could probably wipe them off the map quite easily.
Why would China need to invade Hong Kong? It's essentially already a part of China, they just run a slightly different system of government. One which the CCP has already watered down, and pretty much taken over already.

Based on those comments, I can pretty much just ignore the rest of your thoughts.

And Trump being in office is a good thing. He's one of the only ones keeping the CCP in check. Imagine Dementia Joe negotiating with Xi. God help the world if that happens. It would be a disaster.

Weren't you the one that went on a big anti-communist rant? Or was that someone else.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote