View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Bens8051
Starter Motor

Exclamation Worth buying 07 Focus xr5 turbo?

Hi all,

Test drove a 2007 Focus xr5 turbo yesterday, is tidy enough cosmetically, 200km, timing belt just done, receipts for servicing regularly. Only thing worrying me, which the seller admitted to as soon as I started driving it, is according to him “there’s a cheap eBay aftermarket wastegate actuator installed and when the car is cold, it’ll make a bit of a whizzing/whine sound for a little bit till it warms up, doesn’t affect the way the car drives at all”. He had the stock part sitting in the back too. He’s only wanting $4200 bucks for the car, seems like a pretty good deal to me as long as getting this repaired isn’t gonna cost in the thousands. He seemed to think a couple hundred to sort it, my guess is he’s just being unrealistic but wouldn’t know.

Have been assured there are no other issues such as leaks or smoke etc.

I am gonna check the car out again this eve when it’s actually cold so I can hear this noise for myself.

So, worth going with it and paying the 4200 for a pretty tidy car that does drive well as far as I can tell?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by Bens8051; 03-03-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Bens8051 is offline   Reply With Quote